5 Ways to Improve Your Focus
Greetings! I hope you all are well and that life is not just happening to you. Today, I wanted to share tips around a topic that was very popular on both my IG and FB. I posted a meme with the title “Please take one”. The picture included 5 empty glass containers, each with a label. One bottle was labeled “joy”, one was “magic”, and then they were followed by “love”, “focus”, and “calm”.
So many people said that they needed focus so I decided to share practical tips to help them with improving their focus. Here they are:
- Meditate, meditate, meditate. I will forever sing the praises of the practice of meditation. The benefits are endless but, for the sake of time, let’s just say meditation definitely helps improve focus
- Get clear about where your focus needs to be. We all have a lot of responsibility but, it is necessary to determine the priority of those items on our list. Is it really important that certain things be done right this second or can they wait until tomorrow. Not procrastination, prioritization.
- Focus on one thing at the time. I know, I know, it is easier said than done, but in order to be efficient, you have to stop trying to do everything at the same damn time! Cook dinner, then study, then read, then do all your other shit. Trust me, you will drive yourself crazy trying to do all and be all, all the damn time!!
- Keep the distractions to a minimum. Log off, unplug, detach, put your phone down and focus…
- Keep practicing. Continue to strive to get better at focusing, put the previous steps into action, and be consistent. Your focus will improve over time.
I hope this helps someone. If it isn’t for you. share with a friend or family member who you think needs it (insert smile here). Until we meet again…take care of you and yours!