Wow I have to say that this year gone by quite rapidly! We are literally staring the year 2017 down the throat and I am super HYPE!! But before I continue, let me just say that I hope you all are well and as always much love and peace to you. Now, about the coming year, I am not one for resolutions but I felt compelled to challenge myself to a few things in the new year.
- I challenge myself to take more risks. I admittedly have played it safe in the past but this coming year will be a year of me stepping outside of the norm—going places I have never been, meeting new people, eating new foods, trying new things. Opening yourself to new experiences allows you to grow in different ways. And I realize I have again grown comfortable so I know it’s time to do something different.
- I challenge myself to continue to seek new opportunities to give back to my community. This year, I have found it very challenging to be as active as I was in the city. I now reside in a very rural area and if you are not aligned with a church, often you are shunned or questioned but I am stepping up to the challenge and breaking the status quo. My people need me and I plan to do various community service projects throughout the year.
- I challenge myself to love more. In the past when I have loved, I have been hurt but hasn’t everyone. I will not allow past hurts and disappointments to hold me captive to my authentic self. I am genuinely loving and I have so so much to give. I will love on myself more first and foremost and will continue to love others as well.
- I challenge myself to be open to being alone. I know you may be thinking that why should one want to be alone but I say being alone and being lonely are two entirely different things. What can I say, life happens and I am fine with it but I know what I want and I will choose me before I settle for less than what I want and deserve. So, 2017 will be a year of finding more of me and being okay with that.
- I challenge myself to go deeper into my spirituality. Yes, I have an altar and give offerings, meditate, say affirmations, etc but I am not always consistent. It’s time for me to kick everything up a notch and go deeper.
As you can see, none of my challenges included me getting more money, more things, a new man, or anything tangible. My challenged are all about growth. I have grown to realize that the more I go inward and expand, the more my outer reality changes for the good. I do hope you all are thinking of your own growth and are actually interested in progressing. Because, if you are not moving forward, you are most definitely standing still! I am so happy you have chosen to read my blog, connect with me, and support me this year! Next year will be even better—just you watch!
Ashaki Ma’at Mirembe Ali