Peace and blessings all!
I initially wanted to write about current issues with the police and our people, our people against our people, and so forth but instead I have chosen to share with you some of my favorite quotes. I have been posting quotes on my personal Facebook page for several years. Initially I began to post the quotes as a way of adding some positivity to the timeline because of the constant bombardment of negativity and bad vibes. In retrospect, I realize that the quotes were not only helping other people but they were helping me. I have grown so much over the last few years and my worldview is totally different. The wise words of elders and contemporaries alike have reignited a passion within me to do my little bit of good in the world and to be the light bearer that I seek. Not all of these quotes have to do with revolution, some have to do with love but they all reflect my personal desires for liberation, freedom, and true love. I do hope that these quotes inspire you, cause you to think, and most of all, “feel”.
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.’ – Malcolm X
- No one knows when the hour of Africa’s Redemption cometh. It is in the wind. It is coming. One day, like a storm, it will be here. When that day comes all Africa will stand together –Marcus Garvey
- “People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”- Assata Shakur
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou
- The first lesson a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. –Huey Newton
- The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within – strength, courage, dignity. –Ruby Dee
- You can be up to your boobies in white satin, with gardenias in your hair and no sugar cane for miles, but you can still be working on a plantation.- Billie Holiday
- “You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect—you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. –Bob Marley
This is just a few of the quotes that I thoroughly and wholeheartedly relate to . I hope you all are well and that this post sheds some light on the Lioness.
Andre’a The Tru Lioness